Monday, July 28, 2008

A girl?!? Maybe!

So, I'll get to the story about the title of this post in a minute. But before that, we have some pictures to share with you.

We picked our first carrot! Kind of a whimpy carrot for such a big plant if you ask me!



We got some of our baby stuff set up! Here's construction. Let me tell ya...some of these baby things look pretty simple, but they have A LOT of parts!









Here's our baby looking very much like an alien:



Here's the baby with his or her mouth wide open. Probably screaming.



Here's the best one we think:



So, on to the story about the title. Peggy had another ultrasound today to make sure everything was on track. First of all, let me say that the baby appears perfectly healthy. Every measurement she took was right on track with what it should be.

We told the doctor on the way in that we didn't want to know the sex. To start off the ultrasound, she turned the monitor away so we couldn't see. She said that she could tell us the sex today if we wanted to.

Then she proceeded with the ultrasound. She got up to the face and was talking about the different parts. Peggy said something along the lines of "oh, look at his face." Then the doctor said "and there are her lips." Of course, I caught it right away. Then she sort of seemed to pause a bit, like she realized the mistake she made.

I didn't say anything because I feared that if I did she would say something like, "oh I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to say anything." Because then we would know for sure that it's a girl.

As if that wasn't enough to convince me that it's a girl, a few minutes later she said that it can sometimes be hard not telling a couple what the sex is. And, she said that she confused a lady one time by saying he. When the lady asked why she gave it away, she said that she almost always talks about the baby as a he when the couples don't want to know. Since she said she for us, that further solidified my belief that it's a girl.

So there you have it. I'm convinced it's a girl. Peggy is not so sure, but she didn't hear when the doctor said "there are her lips." I'm kinda bummed, because I really didn't want to know (but who knows, maybe I still don't know for sure...there of course is still some doubt in my mind....so it will still be a surprise....especially if its a boy!!!!)

The baby girl currently weighs 1 lb 11 oz. Oh, but Peggy says I can't say girl (even though I'm pretty sure). So, the baby weighs 1 lb 11 oz.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you, Dave. I've thought it was a girl for a while. I'm glad she's healthy!

Anonymous said...

The picture of "her" face is really good! Sure looks like a girl!
(now I'm in trouble if it's a boy)

Anonymous said...

It must be a girl - it's got Colleen,Peggy, and Sally's mouth! Glad she is healthy and everything is going well.