Thursday, November 27, 2008

Growing up green isn't easy!!

Today, we have a guest post from the one and only....Abby!

I'm one week old today! Hooray!

Mommy and daddy (mostly daddy) have decided to bring me up green. Apparently it's not just about saving the environment, but also about saving mommy and daddy some money (which means they can buy me some toys, oh yeah, and also maybe send me to college!)

Today, daddy spent some time raking and mowing the leaves so that he could put them in the compost pile. He composts most of our leftover food too. He also prepared the strawberry bed by putting straw on top of them. Hopefully next june we'll have some delicious strawberries.

Also, daddy makes me drink room temperature milk. Apparently, daddy says you can't microwave breast milk. I don't even know what a microwave is.....Daddy could run it under warm water, but he doesn't like to waste hot water, so I just drink it at room temperature.

Here I am looking adorable in my first cloth diaper! Mommy and daddy started using those today, and I must say, its gone fairly well. Mommy and daddy have yet to wash any, but I think they're ready.


And here is the clothesline that daddy put up to hang dry his and my clothes and diapers. Here you can see my laundry drying. Daddy's even going to put my diapers up there for the whole neighborhood to see! Can you believe that? I don't see him hanging his underwear up there. Oh, wait, yes he does....


And here I am at Thanksgiving with my favorite great grandpa Pleimann.


And here I am with my favorite great grandma Buerck.


And here I am with my favorite cousin Lily! I am so proud of her...she didn't want to hold me in the hospital, but tonight she was so happy to hold me! And she did such a good job too! I can't wait to get older so we can play together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where's a picture of Abby and Grandma Colleen? She drove 700 miles to meet that beautiful baby! Also - I think we need to give Abby a chance to meet Grandpa Jim and Grandpa Bo before she gets to pick a "favorite" (I'm sure it will be a tough competiion, and will probably end up a three way tie!)