Sunday, December 28, 2008

Urine face....

So, um, yeah....Peggy thinks this story is hilarious....I, well I just think it's gross (she's laughing now, ugh).

As you all know, we use cloth diapers. They are fantastic, and we're very happy with them. However, there are some drawbacks that they don't tell you on the package when you buy them. For example, you getting a face full of urine....they definitely don't tell you that. So, let's back up for a minute.

We have a laundry chute that we use. It's located in our tiny upstairs bathroom. We're very lucky to have it. I don't know where we'd put the dirty diapers at if we didn't. It comes out downstairs right next to the washer and dryer. Until now, we just put a tupperware container on the floor to catch them. But, since it's on the floor and they come out near the ceiling of the basement, they sometimes miss. So, we decided to hang a basket from the ceiling to catch the diapers. Perfect solution, right? Perfect if you don't live with Peggy that is.

So, on friday, I was upstairs as Peggy was changing Abby's diaper. I asked if she wanted me to clean the dirty diaper (it was a really wet one). She said no. I then asked her if it was ok if I go and work on getting the diaper basket hung up in the basement. She said sure.

So, I go downstairs to hang it. I was on a stepladder, with my face about a foot from the bottom of the laundry chute (You can all see where this is going....) I was looking up trying to figure out where to drill holes to hang the basket, when all of the sudden BAMMM....urine filled insert right in the face! (We always take out the insert and drop it down first....this is the part where all of the urine is stored.)

The worst part is that there was absolutely no warning. I got hit with the insert, only to hear the trap door at the top slamming shut a split second later!

I had precious baby Abby's pee all over my face! I ran upstairs, (undoubtedly yelling) to wash off my face. After I got that done, I put my glasses back on. I then realized that there was dried pee on my glasses! UGH!

GROSS! Thanks mommy!

There is a silver lining.....at least now whenever I do something wrong, I can say "well, at least I didn't throw pee in your face."

1 comment:

Linda and Matthew said...

That is awesome!!! Too bad it wasn't a poopy diaper! muahahahaha