Monday, January 19, 2009

Another doctor visit

I hope we're not becoming the paranoid parents. Our 8 week old has already seen the pediatrician 4 times. That's not that much, right? I don't think we are getting paranoid, but I digress.

We took Abby back to the pediatrician today. The reason was twofold. 1) The misadventures of bedtime last night and 2)She hasn't been eating much lately (well, she has, but she grazes instead of eating large "meals."

So, we made the decision to take her in. Our pediatrician is awesome, and we got an appointment about an hour after we called in!

He told us that she is indeed sick (had we known she was "sick" now, we probably wouldn't have taken her in, but we thought it was something else), but probably at the worst part of it now. "The worst part?" I thought. Wow, if this is her sick, then we truly are lucky parents. Yes, last night was miserable, but she is delightful during the day. And she doesn't really look all that sick to us.

We were just under the impression that she was in a phase, but apparently the doctor thinks she does have RSV, but just didn't get it very bad. Again, we're quite lucky.

Apparently she's not eating as much just because it is so uncomfortable to suck on anything right now.

He recommended some baby tylenol tonight if she has trouble again (which we're already assuming to be the case).

So, tomorrow starts the normal routine again. Back to daycare!

No comments: