I have been working in a frenzy to try to get the house ready to sell. My goal is to at least have the bathroom done before we leave for Minnesota (in about two weeks). I would like to also have most of my huge list of other things done as well so we can put the house on the market (hopefully) in early to mid august....we'll see. We still haven't met with the realtor yet.
Just a couple weeks ago, it looked like this as we finished up the electric....

And the new tub!....

Then I spent the next two weeks putting up drywall in the bathroom, hallway, and bedroom.
So, over the weekend, I was very very busy. The girls mostly stayed in the basement or outside so I could get some work done. Saturday I painted for about 10 hours straight! You see....this project wasn't just about the bathroom. Since I replaced a wall, I also had to fix up and paint the master bedroom. Well, I didn't have enough of the old brown paint, so I had to get it color matched at home depot. Without going in to the details, it took AN HOUR to get it done! Argh....

And since I moved two doors, I also had to fix up and paint the hallway. The problem with the hallway was that there was that sandpaper finish on it. So, I had to sand that down as much as possible, put two coats of drywall mud on it, and sand it down a couple more times. Then paint it on top of all of that. I also had to paint the ceiling in the hall.

That's been the problem with this entire remodel (and remodels in general)....seemingly little projects turn in to big projects.
I also replaced the light in the above picture, as well as the lights in Abby's room and the spare bedroom. I finished painting the kitchen too! There was some touch up stuff left that I just never got around to.
And finally....the bathroom! You like the color? The non-painted area is where the tile will go. Since the bathroom closet was moved back, I had to fix the texture on the ceiling. That meant sanding it down, putting on two coats of drywall mud (and sanding in between) and then repainting it. It was a lot of extra work, but worth it to make the new drywall match the old.


So that's it for now! I'm planning on tiling the floor in the next couple of days (although I have two STUCO meetings, so we'll see). Then I have to tile the shower wall. Then all that's left is the little stuff....putting in the light, mirror, sink, toilet, trim, doors, closet shelves, etc. Ok, so maybe it's not the "little stuff" but each of those things shouldn't take too long.
No comments:
Post a Comment