In many ways, Abby has been asserting her independence lately. In many ways it's awesome, in some ways not so much. We've been pushing her in most areas to do more things on her own. She has been using the bathroom by herself for quite a while now. And for that, we're very thankful. She also likes to brush her own teeth, although that's just a supplement to when we do it.
And the biggest one I'm thankful for? Picking out her clothes and getting herself dressed. With Peggy's hours, I will be getting the kids ready for school by myself Monday-Wednesday this school year. Noah can be a handful in the morning, so it'll be very helpful for Abby to be able to do some of these things on her own.
She likes to do her own hair. Although the results leave something to be desired. She combs her hair and puts in ponytails. Needless to say, they usually don't last too long. But at least she's trying!
Here you can see her latest attempt, complete with bow!
Now if only I could get her to wipe her own butt.....

No comments:
Post a Comment