Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Zoo Class


Last month the kids cousin, Lily, invited Abby and Noah to attend a private zoo class at the St. Louis zoo that Lily had won. The kids were so excited. We love our zoo and spend many days there.
The class was 45 minutes long and they were able to get up clothes with many animals from the children's zoo.



This is an elephants tooth. Yep it's huge. No we didn't plan to wear the same color shirt, I came from work and Noah came with Daddy.

Noah liked the bones more than the animals. This guy travels around the zoo inside a recycling bin.
This massive bone is a femur from a baby elephant. It was much too heavy for her to hold on her own.


After class we stopped by the butterfly. It was extremely sunny outside so the butterflies were very active. Abby kept trying to get one to land on her and right before we walked out this blue morpho landed on her hat. I made her stand really still so I could fumble for my phone in the backpack, thankfully both Abby and the butterfly cooperated.

 The butterfly didn't stay still for long though and quickly flew away. I'm glad I got the pictures that I did.     Abby was so excited.

No comments: