Thursday, April 24, 2014

Mom, It's the little rock not the big rock, right?

A few months ago I decided the kids need to visit Little Rock, Arkansas to see my grandparents Jim and Pat. Back in college I spent a summer living with them and I wanted the kids to see their home. When we were talking about the trip, Noah kept asking me if we were going to the little rock or the big rock.

We made the six hour drive down on a Tuesday. When we got in it was late, almost 8pm which for my kids is like midnight but they were very excited to play with their great-grandparents.

It was chilly the first day there, but Jim really wanted to take us to a nearby park where he had helped design a memorial for those that had served and are serving. I love this picture of the three of them in the woods.
This is the memorial.
That afternoon Pat wanted to take the kids to this indoor bounce house, the kids had a blast. My cousin, Jessica, came with her boyfriend and her two boys Parker and Noah. Parker is just 2 years old but he kept up with the big kids.

They did make it through that tiny opening.

The three amegios.
The next morning we took the kids to the Little Rock Children's Museum. The kids had a great time trying out all sorts of different exhibits - one of their favorite characters Sid the Science Kid was there so they got a picture with him as well.

Noah didn't want to get too close. He was very nervous about how large he was. He was squeezing Abby's hand the whole time.
I'm sure Abby was figuring out how the tornado was formed and all Noah wanted to do was destroy it.
While we were there, the local PBS station was looking for volunteers to read the Gettysburg address on camera to promote an upcoming documentary from Ken Burns. I volunteered Jim and he went for it. It was pretty cool.

So by Thursday night Abby was pretty sick, her asthma was flaring up and her allergies were really bad. We stayed in Thursday night and left early Friday so I could get Abby home to the doctor. Thankfully I had packed her neubulizer so we did have some treatments to give her before she saw the doctor. Despite her illness we had a great trip.


No comments: