I then had to go to work and tell NO ONE! I'm not one to typically keep my mouth shut, so that first day was definitely rough. My students did tell me though that I seemed to be in a very good mood for some reason. Imagine that. And Peggy had to try to sleep after all of the excitement. Needless to say, she was quite tired at work the next day.
So here we are, 11 weeks and many toilet visits later. We've told pretty much everyone the good news. Here's some of the highlights:
1. First we told my (Dave's) parents and Michael, Erin, Lily, and Grandma. Mom's birthday was coming up, so we gave her a "Happy Birthday Grandma" card with an ultrasound picture inside. She opened the card and the picture fell out. She stopped breathing for quite a long time. Everyone was very excited.
2. The next day, we called Peggy's mom to tell her the good news. She was at Peggy's aunts house with family. We sent her an email with the ultrasound picture. We were on the phone when she opened it, and it sounded like pure pandemonium! Everyone there was very happy for us too!
3. We then told Peggy's father over the phone. She said "You're going to be a grandpa." After several seconds, he said "wait you mean you, right?" He thought Sally (Peggy's 18 year old sister) was pregnant. I think we're lucky he didn't have a heart attack.
4. Then we wanted to tell some of our friends. We went out to an "all you can eat" pizza dinner with Kevin, Ryan, and Kevin's parents. I said "so we're going to give Proton a brother or sister." Ryan then asked "oh yeah, when is that going to happen?" Peggy said, "not until november." Ryan, seemingly very confused said "what variety?" thinking we were talking about a dog. I replied "the two legged variety." It took everyone a few seconds, but they then realized we were talking about a baby. Ryan was kind of embarrased. Sorry Ryan, but it was pretty funny!
5. We then told Kai our good news. Ryan, Kai, Peggy, and I were in the basement. Peggy went upstairs to get something (this was all planned in advance by the way), and I turned to Kai and said "don't you think Peggy's put on some weight since the wedding, because I think she really has." By the way, I approved this with Peggy before hand. Kai then replied, "well, when she was walking up the stairs, I noticed she looking a little bigger." So, when Peggy came back downstairs, I decided to stir the pot a bit by telling her "Kai said you're fat." Peggy pretended to be mad, but she's not that good at this sort of thing, so she just told him. But she was mad that he agreed she put on some weight! Haha, we're so mean.....sorry Kai.
Ok, so you probably did not really want to know all that, but don't you feel more connected to us now for reading all of that? Ok, maybe not, but thanks for making writing that worthwhile.
Here's our latest ultrasound picture (9 weeks):
No comments:
Post a Comment