Sunday, April 27, 2008

Ultrasound Picture Explained

Throughout my last 23 years, whenever someone has shown me an ultrasound picture, I think it looks like some strange alien thing out of Men in Black. But they always think its the cutest little thing in the world and can tell you every part of their growing fygote (a term my friend Matt coined, to describe the baby between the zygote and fetus stage....way to go Matt!). Or we could just go with embryo.

So I've decided to write in the parts so you all could see what is what with our growing Men in Black fygote.

1. The head....well we all know what that is.

2. The arm and feet buds. Our little alien is starting to grow fingernails! Hooray! I hear they're sharp, but I don't have to worry about that until november...Peggy may not be so lucky! Heh.

3. The yolk sac. This is what is helping to feed our tiny alien, since Peggy can't seem to keep anything down!

No comments: