Sunday, December 27, 2009

Poop

If you're freaked out by baby poop, stop reading now....you've been warned.

As all of you know, we use cloth diapers. By the way, we still LOVE them and would recommend them to anyone. Are they extra work? Sure, but soooo worth it.

Anywho....Since Abby is up and mobile so much more now than she ever has before, we don't always get a chance to clean Abby's diapers right away. Usually we'll put two or three of them in a pile and clean the poopy ones and send them down the laundry chute together. So, after changing Abby's poopy diaper on saturday morning, I put the diaper on top of Abby's dresser like we always do (it's the only place within reach of the changing table to put it). I then took Abby to the kitchen to give her some breakfast.

Later that morning, I went to clean the two or three diapers we had on the dresser. I went to the bathroom to spray off the poopy one. The only problem? There was no poop in the diaper. I knew it was the poopy one because there were small remnants of poop (I told you to stop reading at the beginning of the post if this freaks you out!). But, the main chunk was gone.

I searched all over the bathroom for several minutes. I couldn't find the poop anywhere. Then I got distracted because everyone was running around crazy getting ready for the science center. I told Peggy about the missing poop, but for some reason we weren't too concerned. Looking back, we probably should have looked more at that point, but oh well. I guess after doing the cloth diapers for so long, poop really doesn't freak us out.

So, we got home later and remembered about the missing poop. I figured it was probably sitting atop her dresser somewhere (gross, I know). Looked all over the dresser, no poo. Looked on the floor, no poo.

And then it happened, I looked in Abby's hamper (right next to the dresser). And there it was....mixed in among Abby's dirty clothes, a nice big turd.

I love being a daddy.

No comments: