Sunday, February 28, 2010

She Loves Me, She Loves Me Not

It's a well documented fact that Abby for some reason sleeps longer for Peggy than for me. On Peggy's weekend (last wednesday and thursday), Abby slept until 6:30 each day.

On Friday, Peggy left for work at 4:30. Abby decided it was time to get up and party at 4:45. We usually get up at 5:15, so it wasn't a big deal. But still, she got up almost two full hours earlier than the last two days.

Abby stayed up kind of late on friday night, so I was hoping she would sleep in. Boy did she have other ideas. She woke up at 4:15 saturday morning ready to party like it was 1999. I was kinda frustrated and extremely sleepy since I stayed up friday night to completely finalize our federal taxes.

We went to the home show saturday afternoon (it was mildly disappointing), stopped at Sam's Club on the way home, and cooked dinner. So, Abby didn't get to bed until 7:30 or so (extremely late for her). So, I was hoping for the best this morning. Apparently, Abby had other ideas. She first woke up at 2:45, yeah 2 freakin 45!!!! And it's not like she was just fussing. No, I went in there, and she was asking for food (what she always does when we get her up from bed). I saw that Teddy was on the ground, and figured that was the actual problem. So, I got her to lay back down, gave her Teddy and (thankfully) she was right back asleep. I was hoping that was it, but oh no! 3:45 rolls around, and she's up again. This time she was wide eyed and hungry! So, we came out to the kitchen and ate. She was lookin to party again. Daddy put the kabash on that though. We went to change her diaper, and went back to bed. She fussed for a second, but I think realized that she should still be sleeping.

Then, a miracle happened. She slept until 7:00!!!! I was sooooo excited. I felt like I got enough sleep for the first time in a loooong time!

She's been doing this for quite a while, but specifically in the last 6 months or so. So, this begs the question, does Abby wake up early for me because she loves me or hates me?!? I contend that she has more fun with me, and that's why she doesn't want to miss a moment (or at least that's what I tell myself to keep my sanity at 4:00 in the morning).

No comments: