I picked up the swingset about a week ago. We kept it in the garage, four large boxes and a slide. It took three trips, but I got it all transported in the Vibe! (love that car!) I took a lot of lessons from putting Lily's together. One was to organize all of the wood first. So, a couple of nights before I organized the insanely large number of pieces of wood according to letter and number. This helped out a ton.
Finishing up the roof. This was all my project. Grandpa Bo and the girls were downtown getting his stuff for the half-marathon. Tim said I should get a job as a roofer.
Climbing up all on her own:
Playing with Grandpa Bo:
Abby LOVES her new swingset. It's all she wants to do lately. She can climb all the way to the top all by herself, and get back down the ladders by herself. She does really well on the slide. She goes pretty darn fast. She's close to being able to do it herself (although I'm not sure Mommy's cool with that just yet). She will literally climb up to ride the slide down at least 10 times in a row. Then she might take a break to climb to the top, and then start all over again. She thinks the thing is pretty cool. The only thing she can't do is the rock climbing wall. We will probably end up covering up that opening for this summer. There is also a picnic table at the bottom that I'm sure will get used plenty over the years. The final plan is to fill in mulch all around the base. I'm going to try to get that done over the next couple of weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment