Ok, so this post is way off topic and has nothing to do with Abby or our family.
But, the Cardinals are now tied 1-1 in the 20th inning. I've been watching this game for almost 7 hours now. Yeah, not straight through, we had dinner, I played with Abby inside and outside, etc, but I've mostly been watching the game (considering both girls went to bed over 3 hours ago now!).
Why am I writing this? Well, frankly I'm kinda bored. 20 innings of baseball is a lot to watch.
So, let me catch you up to speed.
As of 30 minutes ago, it was 0-0 in the 18th. Yes, 18 innings with no runs. We had our chances, oh boy did we....we've had the bases loaded three times in extra innings alone. We even had 2nd and 3rd with no outs, but to no avail.
Then came the 19th. The Mets scored a run. I figured the game was over. How could we go 18 innings with no runs, and then magically get one just because the Mets did? Well, that's just what happened. Ludwick got a hit. Then tried to steal with Pujols up. He was out. Bummer dude. Well, then Pujols hit a double! Argh! If Ludwick didn't get caught stealing, he would have scored! Then somebody hit Pujols over to third, now two outs. And then it happened, Molina came through with a base hit! Hooray!
So, on to the 20th, that's where we are now.
Argh! The Mets just scored another run! How could this happen? Have I wasted the last 7 hours of my life on a loss in the 20th?!?
We shall see!
Frankly, the Cards don't really deserve to win. As of a couple of innings ago, they were 0 for 14 with runners in scoring position! I already mentioned three bases loaded and 2nd and 3rd with no outs!
Some stats they just put up:
To this point:
634 pitches
34 strikeouts
47 out of 50 of the available players from both teams have played in this game
I love baseball, but this is a bit much.
UPDATE: The Cards lost in the 20th. It was almost a 7 hour game. Argh....
1 comment:
Dear David,
I love you. This tangential epically long post I didn't read is actually part of why.
Love,
Your sister-in-law
(*Secret In-Law Handshake*)
Post a Comment