Sunday, May 30, 2010

Busy Busy Busy

Sorry for the light posting lately. We've been pretty busy. Several random things for you....

Abby got to like the "beaters" for the first time a few weeks ago. Needless to say, she was pretty darn happy.

Jon and Anna came for a long weekend last week. We had a great time and so did Abby. She was sad when they had to leave.

There was lots of swimming:
And then some delicious Immo's Pizza:
And a TON of swinging on her new playset:
She also played a little dress up in daddy's graduation cap:
Thanks for visiting Jon and Anna! Notice Abby's "cheese" smile. She's getting quite the cheese smile lately.
This weekend, we went over to a friends house from my work. They have a boy a bit younger than Abby. They also have a pool in the backyard! So, today consisted of swimming! Hooray! It was Abby's first time in the pool since last summer. And she did great! She absolutely loved it. No pictures though, sorry!

For me, I've been keeping busy with STUCO stuff. I am now one of three sponsors for Fox's student council for next year. Yes, THREE sponsors! Our student council is amazingly awesome and does a ton for the school. I was up at school monday to thursday last week and will be tuesday and wednesday of this week. We have been renumbering the lockers (as a fundraiser) and also ran a leadership camp last week (another fundraiser). After that, I'll probably be starting my internship. I thought teachers were supposed to get the summer off?!?

In my free time (or lack thereof), I've been trying to get the bathroom moving along (in addition to working on the cars!!!). The bathroom is almost completely gutted, and we have bought almost everything we need. So, as soon as I get the floor torn up and the bathtub out, it will be time to hang new drywall! Hooray! It's amazing how big the bathroom looks with nothing in it....plus, with the construction I've done so far, it will be a bit bigger (only about 5 square feet, but it's going to make a HUGE difference). I'm hoping to get it done within another month or so, but it all depends on how long my internship takes.

Hopefully we'll post more soon. I think there's at least one good video on the camera that I need to get uploaded soon.

No comments: