Thursday, May 6, 2010

Potty Training

Abby has been showing a lot of interest in the potty lately and she tells us when she is dirty so we broke out her potty chair Monday night. We aren't pushing her or rushing her to become potty trained but we thought we would just put it out and have her sit on it in the morning and evening to get used to it.

She was excited to sit on her new chair. Tuesday morning she checked it out before school but nothing. Tuesday night Dave had an event at school so it was just me and Abby.... all was well until...

She sat on the potty for about 15 minutes with nothing, so I told her it was time to put on her jammies, but first we had to let Proton outside. She was excited to run around naked. I was at the back door when I heard "uh-oh" and she had peed on the kitchen floor. Oops. I laughed. It was pretty funny.

Wednesday (my Saturday) Abby sat again for about 20 minutes with nothing. I had brought in some books to entertain herself while sitting. As soon as she stood up to put on her diaper, she peed all over it. Yeah, it was messy.

But Wednesday night we had success. She sat down and after about 10 minutes, went pee-pee on the potty. She was so proud of herself, and we were proud too. She earned an m&m. And I'm much happier to clean out the seat than clean up the floor!

No comments: