Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Such a sweetie

Over the last couple of months, Abby has really opened up. In the past, she was generally shy around new people. But at the beginning of May, she went to a leadership camp at Fox. It is a camp run by my STUCO kids the week after school lets out. It's usually only for kids 5 and up, but since I'm a sponsor, I could bring her with. She LOVED it! She got to play with older kids, and absolutely fell in love with a couple of my STUCO kids. She had so much fun. Ever since then, she has been much more willing to talk to new people.

So, today we had a guy out to look at the deck. We knew when we moved in that it wasn't right. They built it themselves and just plain didn't do it right. Anyways, Abby was shy for the first few minutes. I took the guy back to the deck and he was looking around. Abby was almost glued to my side. The guy was kinda scary.

All of the sudden, Abby ran over to him and gave him a big hug. I was shocked. He picked her up, and she let him hold her for at least 10 minutes. He told her that she made his day. She was so proud of herself for being so nice. It was cute. I had to make her get down because he had to measure stuff.

When I asked her about it later and tell her how nice she was, the following conversation took place:

Me: "Why did you let that guy hold you?"
Abby: "Because he was here!"
Me: "Because he was here?"
Abby: "Yeah, I was so so sited (excited)!!"

Such a good girl....

No comments: