Thursday, May 1, 2008

Feeling better

So the past few days, the growing baby is being kind to Peggy. She has had a few bouts of dry heaving, but no puking for three days straight! Hooray! Hopefully this will keep up and she will keep feeling better over the coming weeks.

In other news, we're 12 weeks along today! Hooray again! In the next week or so, we will be moving into the much coveted 2nd trimester. I say coveted, because in the myriad of pregnancy books that have made their way throughout our house over the last couple months, the authors usually say the 2nd trimester is the best. I'll tell you one thing, the 1st trimester sure has been tough on me! (David) Haha. Oh, and I guess its been pretty tough on Peggy too.

In one final note, the last two weeks have seen Peggy switching to a "round the clock" approach to eating. She's pretty much grazing like a cow all day. Of course I don't mean that she looks like a cow. In fact, she is still not looking too pregnant, although the belly is starting to grow. And as I write this, she is telling the baby to cover his (yes, I said his, although that obviously is just my opinion) ears. Then the dirty words fill the air, yet she continues to let me write it. I think she's beautiful and wonderful for everything she is going through to bring our baby into the world.

The "round the clock" approach leaves me to cooking for one at night. The smell of basically ANYTHING I eat now sends Peggy directly for the bedroom to hideout or the bathroom to puke.

Isn't pregnancy a thing of beauty?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awe, you guys are just so cute.

Anonymous said...

i hope i get pregnant soon so i can begin an around-the-clock grazing schedule!