So, when we were going through all of the contractions a couple weeks ago, I made a promise to the baby that I will give him/her a dollar for every day that he/she stays in mommy's cozy little home.
So Peggy has been keeping track, and the baby has already made $30. The kid is already making money, and hasn't even been born yet! Of course, this money will be the start of a college fund for the child, but still their money nonetheless.
I also said that if the baby makes it the full 40 weeks, then he/she gets a $10 bonus. BUT, I've added a new rule, which I think Peggy will like. For each day that the baby goes past the due date, I take a dollar away. As I write this, Peggy is yelling "NO". Apparently she thinks that she should get the dollar....we'll see.
So, every night for the past month, we've been having mini celebrations each night before bedtime. I say "another day" and Peggy follows with "another dollar." And then we clap for the baby. Kinda silly, but it's one of our routines now.
If the baby does make it to 40 weeks, I don't think Peggy will be clapping anymore!
No comments:
Post a Comment