Monday, September 29, 2008

It's done!!!!!!

Well, the nursery is finally finished! Hooray!

But, before we get to that, let's get to the more important news. Peggy had a doctors visit today. The baby's heartbeat was 144 (which is perfect!). The baby is still laying horizontal across her abdomen....hasn't quite figured out the head down thing yet. I keep telling the baby it's easier that way, but she doesn't listen.

The doctor says that she will take Peggy off of the anti-contraction medication at 36 weeks (2 weeks from tomorrow). She says that she expects Peggy to either go into labor the next day or for the contractions to stop altogether. How weird would it be if the contractions go away once she stops taking the anti-contraction medication? Anyways, she makes it sound like a 50/50 shot....so we'll see.

But, overall, the baby appears to be healthy and growing well. Based on measurements of the belly, the baby should be a little under 5 pounds! (Don't tell Peggy, but based on my measurements of the belly, the baby should be closer to 8 pounds!!!) Hahah, just kidding!!!!!!!!!

On to projects on the house. I spent a good majority of the weekend fixing the insulation in the attic. Let me tell you, that is an AWFUL job! I can't imagine doing much worse work on the house. Anywho, to keep a long story short, there is not insulation everywhere there should be. I have to peel the backing off of two layers of insulation, bring the blown in insulation to the top, and cover areas in the "corners" of the attic where there is none. It's a HUGE job. I got the hardest part done this weekend, and I figure I can finish the rest in two more weekends of work.

The nursery also kept me busy this weekend. We used our gift cards to get some final things we needed (the mattress, monitors, some sheets, etc.)

Oh, and we also got our first shipment of cloth diapers! Wahoo! Maybe I'll have an entire post about those later on to explain everything about them.

Here are some pictures of the awesome wall hangings we got at the last baby shower. They look fantastic on the walls!:



Soon we'll have our own baby to put a picture of in the frame!


And a picture of the beautiful rocking chair that Peggy's father Tom gave us (he made it over 30 years ago)

No comments: