Friday, February 20, 2009

A Sixth Sense

So, I'm pretty sure that Abby has a sixth sense. It is somehow knowing where her mother is at all times. Why do I say this?

Well, Abby has slept through the night about four times. Three of those times have been for Peggy. Why is this weird? Well, Peggy only has to get up in the middle of the night with her two days a week. The other five days, she's usually at work when Abby wakes up. So, I think it's weird that basically the only time she sleeps through the night is when mommy is home.

My second bit of "evidence" is that whenever Peggy does leave for work, Abby wakes up almost immediately. She has been doing this for a couple of weeks now. I asked Peggy to try to be really quiet when she left, thinking maybe that was it, but to no avail. This morning, I woke up around 1:20 (about five minutes before Peggy left) and she was definitely quiet. Yet (I swear this is true), about 5 seconds after she left, Abby started making noise. She talked for about 15 minutes while I rolled around in bed hoping she would go back to sleep. When it was clear she wasn't, I got up to feed her.

She's so adorable in the middle of the night, but it doesn't make getting up at 1:30 any better! And if she would only wake up about 30 minutes earlier, Peggy could feed her before she left. She gets up early so she has time to feed Abby just in case she does get up.

So, to sum it up, Abby somehow definitely knows that her mommy is not in the house anymore. Now to figure out how.....

No comments: