In honor of NoBloPoMo, a fellow blogger asked for suggestions on a monthly theme. "Thankful Thursday" is the result. This is a day late... but still a good topic.
1. Dave & Abby - They light up my life. Together they help keep me grounded. Most days when I leave work, I'm usually stressed - be it from a breaking news story or crumbling equipment. Their smiles and love are the greatest gifts.
2. My job - The world of journalism is changing and our station is changing along with it. We did vote for furloughs earlier this year. Furlough - a day of no pay. We took 10 furlough days, but at least they didn't vote for layoffs. Our union starts contract negotiations after the New Year and things could change. What is in store? I don't know, but this scene is playing out at stations across the country. So I know as long as I have a job, I should thank my lucky stars and hope my weekend show keeps up the good ratings so advertisers will keep buying commercials to keep us on air.
3. Neighbors - We love our neighbors... except the crazy one.
We are surrounded by elder widows and a retired couple. All of them are great with Abby and Proton, and we all look out for each other.
4. Compliments, I know I know, but I have a boss who doesn't often remember what show I work on or give words of encouragement or even correction. But this week she sent me an email congratulating me on a great guest I had. It made my day.
5. Fall in St. Louis, it's November and I drove home with the windows down! It's 70 degrees outside.
2 comments:
What a precious picture!
Yeah! I love your list and I totally agree with Sara, what a sweet picture!
Post a Comment