Thursday, November 12, 2009

Thankful Thursday, week 2

It's time again for Thankful Thursday.

1. Our service men and woman. Thank you for fighting for our freedom. You can send a card from this website for free. Please send them your support.

2. This song I know that sounds silly. But it is always playing on my way to work at 1:30a on Saturday mornings and it keeps me awake. I just think it's beautiful, the lyrics are silly but I still love it. This is also the song Abby is dancing to in the post below.

3. PAT - Parents as Teachers, I've written before about the awesome free program we have in our school district that allows us home visits from a parent educator multiple times during the school year. Yesterday, we met with Ms. Betsey for Abby's one year appointment. She is ahead for her age group and passed her hearing test. She failed the first time.... she was very distracted by a book.

4. Leftover Halloween candy.... I mean does it get any better.

5. Carrots, finally today without hiding them in her mac'n'cheese Abby ate them. All of them. She has never been a big fan of the orange vegetables. I can usually get her to eat one or two if I hid because they are all the same color. But I don't know how she does it but she can separate them out from other food in her mouth and just spit the veggie out. It's crazy. So I don't know if today was fluke or if she's just finally decided they aren't that bad. Either way, I'm thankful she finally ate them, small victory.

3 comments:

Colleen Bohlinger said...

Wonderful post!

simplicity said...

Henry was never a carrot fan either. I've NEVER heard that song before but I just did and I like it :) THanks!
Also, crazy to think almost 1 isn't it???

Anna said...

i'm thankful for you guys!