Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Random Abby Stories

The Elephant vs The Alligator
Abby has recently decided she needs a pillow at night. Since we haven't gotten a full size pillow for her yet, she's been using the decorative pillows on the rocking chair. Almost every night she lays down, tests the pillow on her bed from the night before. Then she either is set for the night or asks for "alligator" or "elephant" and of course the image has to be facing up to leave a nice imprint on her face.

Where will the Baby sleep?
The other day when Abby and I were playing with her baby dolls in her room when I asked her where Baby Booger was going to sleep. Abby looked around and pointed to her crib, and said right here. I said that's very nice of you, but where are you going to sleep? She laughed and said "Living room." I laughed and told her she doesn't have to sleep in the living room, that she would be getting a new room, and she just looked at me like I was crazy.... this from the girl who wants to sleep in the living room.

Roll call
This morning I overslept and by the time I got Abby to daycare they were sitting down to breakfast. She asked me to take her potty before I left. The bathroom is connected to the classroom so we could still hear what was going on in the room. Ms. Amanda was taking roll call. When taking roll she asked "Where's Matthew?" and looks around and all the kids look and that kid says "Matthew here." I could tell Abby was very distracted listening for her name, and Ms. Amanda stretched so as we were coming out she asked where Abby was. Abby was so excited. It was probably one of the easiest drop offs I had in a while. It made running late worth it.

Cleaning the sink
So after Abby went potty and washed her hands she grabbed a paper towel and wiped her hands. Then she preceded to wipe down all around the sink, that wasn't wet. Ms. Amanda and Ms. Claire must do this after the kids because both Dave and I have seen Abby do it. It's so cute.

No comments: