Last weekend my Grandma Peggy was able to come spend 24 hours with us. Grandma Peggy winters in California and summers in British Columbia so she hadn't seen Abby since the spring of 2009 and had never met Noah. We packed a lot into the time we had with her.
I had been talking up Great-Grandma Peggy for about a week to get Abby excited and Abby kept saying "I give her hugs and kisses." I wasn't really sure if Abby would since she wouldn't know Grandma from a stranger on the street but the minute Grandma waved at us through security at the airport... Abby was off like a shot to give her Great-Grandma a huge hug and kiss. I wish I had caught it on camera but I never in a million years thought she would do it.
As soon as we left the airport we drove straight to Grant's Farm because what would a trip be to St. Louis if it didn't include some goats and animals! The goats there are crazy hungry all the time. So the girls stayed out of the enclosure and fed them through the gate.

Next stop the chickens... they fed those too.

Noah was with for all the animal fun.

Abby made sure to show her Great Grandma Peggy the cicadas outside and even some of her favorite books inside, including one about ants.

Great Grandma Peggy enjoying some quiet time with her newest Great Grandson.

The next morning Abby and Great Grandma were discussing the day, remember we are usually up and dressed by 7am and Abby suggested the zoo. Grandma agreed so we were off. The St. Louis Zoo is truly one of the best zoos in the country. Not only is it free to get in but the little extra's are free the first hour the zoo is open - everyday of the week. Our first stop the Stingray and Shark touch exhibit.


Our next stop was the elephants. This was the most active I had seen the calves in awhile. One was actually submerged in their pool. It was also raining slightly so Grandma was keeping her hair dry.

The last stop of the day was Reptile day. Abby is in love with slimy and slithery animals. She laid down next to this python completely on her own. ewww.

After lunch and nap, Abby and Noah were ready to play again this time in our own backyard. These are just some family photos of Grandma with the kids.



No comments:
Post a Comment