Wednesday, June 15, 2011

So Smart

Abby is learning things so fast these days. Everyday she continues to impress us with things she remembers and has learned.

The cool thing about seeing her grow up is the emergance of her problem solving skills. Example....

I was sitting on the couch this afternoon, feeding Noah. It was 4:50, so I knew that Peggy was about to call since she was getting off of work soon. So, I asked Abby to go get me the phone.

She walked over to the TV stand where we keep the phone. She tried her best, but as she told me "I can't reach it." She struggled for a few more seconds. Then, said "daddy, I can't reach it."

So, I started saying: "well, go-------" And she cut me off, saying "I go get my stool!" I was just about to tell her to do the same thing. She has a stool in the bathroom that she uses to, well, go to the bathroom.

So, she ran to get it. She brought it back and yelled, "I got my stool daddy! Now I can reach it!" She was SOOOO proud of herself that she thought about getting the stool all by herself.

And so am I.

No comments: