Saturday, October 15, 2011

Up Too Early!

For several months now, 4AM wake ups have been the norm, not the exception at the Pleimann household.  After Noah started sleeping through the night, it seemed like all was well with the world again.  We could finally get some sleep after 4 months of limited sleep.  That lasted for all of a month or two. 

Then Noah decided that he wanted to party at 4AM.  So for the last couple months, he's been getting up to do said partying.  I would say that a couple of months ago 4AM was his average.  He's probably moved that average back to 4:30 now, but it's still a bit rough.  Once I get accustomed to waking up at a certain time, my body just automatically does it.  So, for the past few months I've been waking up around 4.  Every morning, I lay there thinking to myself "this is going to be the morning he sleeps in."  Then usually around 4:15 or 4:30, my hopes and dreams are shattered.

We've tried keeping him up later.  Yeah, that doesn't work.  The other night at the circus, he stayed up until 8:15 or so.  He was still up at 4:15 the next morning.

Last night, he stayed up semi-late, and he woke up this morning at 2:20.  Yeah, 2:20, seriously. 

Go back to bed little dude!

Here's a picture of our little man at 4:30 this week, laughing at mommy's lack of sleep.  Cute, isn't he??

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I hate to tell you this. Wait until DST ends. It will be 3:00. :(