Saturday, February 16, 2013

"Perfect Angel"

When I dropped the kids off at school on Monday morning, one of Noah's teachers told me something that surprised me.

She said Noah is a "perfect angel."  I did a double take.  "What?!?  Seriously?"

She said that he was definitely the best kid in his class.  I responded with, "wait, you're talking about Noah, right??"

She laughed and said yes.  Apparently he listens to everything his teacher says.  He doesn't get up from the table unless he's told to.  He doesn't really do anything unless he's told to.

I told her that at home he'll get put in timeout for something, then he'll go back and do it again and again.  He doesn't seem to learn at home.  She told me he's never had a timeout at school.  SERIOUSLY???

Then at stay-n-play (at the gym) yesterday, the worker in there said basically the same thing.  He was very excited when the kids came in for the day.  The workers there love our kids.  He told Peggy, "if all the kids were as good as yours, I'd want to work here everyday.  They're so good and just play with each other so nicely."

I'm still dumbfounded that these people are talking about our kids.  I'm not saying our kids are bad.  Far from it.  But, at home they are not the "perfect angels" everyone thinks they are.  I think our kids, compared to most, are amazingly well behaved.  It's nice to know that they're really good when we're not around.

We must be doing something right....

No comments: