Yikes!So, we were on the way home from a mothers day dinner on sunday. I made a left onto a busy street, and maybe cut it a little too close. A little ways down the road, a cop pulled up behind us at a stop light. He was typing in his computer and talking into his radio, so I knew it wasn't good news. So, I tried to see if I was getting pulled over by getting into the other lane (even though eventually I didn't need to be in that lane). Of course he got over behind me. So he followed me another 1/2 mile or so, then I needed to get back over. Again, he got over. DOH! At this point I knew it was inevitable.
He flashed his lights, and I pulled over. I've never been pulled over before, so I was nervous, and I really didn't know what I was being pulled over for.
So he comes up to the window and says "are you aware that the plates don't match the vehicle description?" All I can think is, "uh oh, that's definitely not good." I said that I have no idea why they wouldn't, I just got them last summer. He asked for registration, which I gave him. But I only had the old registration (with the old plate numbers) and the receipt for the current one (but without the new plates on it). So he went back and forth to his car a couple times, and eventually just told me the DMV screwed up and that I needed to go back there, but wouldn't be getting a ticket. WAHOO!
So he let us go on our way. Of course, I've never been pulled over before, and when I do it wasn't even my fault! Ugh.
As if I needed another reason to hate the DMV!!!
So the baby survived his (um, I mean his/her) first time being pulled over by the cops (and I did too!)
1 comment:
Please drive carefully with my gummy bear aka grandchild in the car! Plus, you really don't want to make Peggy Brook puke in the car! Love you all, Colleen
Post a Comment