Sunday, May 4, 2008

Some miscellaneous things

Well, the four days of no puking was too good to be true. Peggy has puked a couple of times in the last 24 hours, although she is feeling pretty good tonight. Hopefully its slowing down a bit, and she's not sick the entire pregnancy like her mom was with her! (Also, because apparently that means the baby is a girl....and we all know that's not true! Haha.)

We headed up to Babies R Us on saturday to start registering. Yes, its still very early to register, but since we're going to Minnesota in just a bit over a month for Jon's wedding, we are having a baby shower then.

So, registering for a baby is not nearly as easy as registering for a wedding. I know a lot about kitchen gadgets, rugs, towels, bed sheets, etc.....but I (and we) don't know diddly squat about baby stuff. I never knew there were so many options for breast pumps (aka baby imitators)....some of them were $300. For that price they should come with a flat panel TV attached to give you something to watch while pumping!

Then it was on to the bottles, another overwhelming experience. Oh, and did you know that there are baby baths that have electric pumps that shoot out water like in a jacuzzi? Ridiculous! Needless to say, we registered for the simple choice.

Then we hit up the stroller/carseat combos. This is where its at people! By far the most fun we had registering thus far. We got to pull them all out, figure out how to collapse them, etc. Good thing there wasn't a baby in there yet, because trust me, it was a tough ride sometimes! But, hey, you gotta make sure its sturdy, right? We finally decided on one.

We then decided to call it a day. We were exhausted after having been in there for almost 2 hours! And we only made it about a 1/3 of the way around the store! I guess we'll be back next week.

Since this is such a long post, we decided it needs a picture, so here's one of the stroller we spent forever picking out. I'm not a fan of the black and red, but does it really matter?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like it a ton!!!!!!!! I think it is really cute and good for a boy OR a girl. Maybe you should register for two of everything after looking at Peggy's bump down below!