Thursday, October 16, 2008

Still Pregnant

We made it to 36 weeks! Monday I was back at the doctors office for my weekly appointment. My doctor has decided to keep me on the procardia(anti-contraction) medication another week. The main reason is just to let the baby's lungs develop a little more. Plus she's pretty positive once I come off the medication I'll start contracting regularly.. and the baby will soon follow. She did say the baby weighs between 6.5 - 7lbs. I make big babies!

Over the weekend I had a lot of problems with my hands and feet swelling but that seems to have subsided. It's common with the medication, thankfully my blood pressure has barely risen since my first prenatal visit so the doctor isn't worried about pre-e or hypertension. I'm still betting this kid will show up next Wed 10/22 but we'll just have to wait and see.

It was my birthday this past weekend so my Mom and Marty came down for two nights. She did a lot of cooking and cleaning for us. She kept telling the baby he/she could make an appearance, but no luck. But it was great to have someone else clean and cook!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm excited for Wednesday!