We're cautiously optimistic this morning. We have been gradually lowering the amount of formula we give Abby each time she wakes up at night. Last night, she was down to 1.5 ounces (she's used to getting around 4 ounces each time). We were worried. Thursday night, she got 2 ounces each time, and got up a total of four times! Ouch! We were expecting worse last night.
She went to bed around 7, and woke up for the first time around 11. Peggy gave her the 1.5 ounces. Usually she falls right back to sleep after her bottle (Abby, not Peggy....haha). Well, Abby just wasn't satisfied with the lower amount. She was not a happy camper after Peggy put her down. She was fussy and talked for the next hour. Peggy and I spent that hour debating if we were doing the right thing. The last thing I remember before falling back asleep was thinking "she's never going to go back to sleep, what do we do?"
I didn't wake up again until 5:00. I called Peggy to see if Abby woke up any other times. NOPE! Just the once! HOORAY! We're hoping this will continue tonight. We're going to lower the amount to just one ounce tonight. Hopefully soon she'll realize that nighttime is for sleeping, not eating.
So far, this transition has been SOOOOOOOOOOOO much easier than we expected. We feel very lucky for that, and hopeful that it will continue.
No comments:
Post a Comment