Abby had a pretty rough night, although not as bad as I was expecting. Since Peggy stayed home with her all day yesterday and was totally worn out, so I agreed to get up for most of the time overnight with Abby. She woke up after only being asleep for an hour or so. It's tough because she wouldn't take a bottle, so there was really nothing we could do for her except hold her.
Well, Peggy ended up getting up with her a couple of times, as did I. Overall, she slept better than we expected she would. Peggy gave her a little more tylenol overnight. That helped her sleep from 1:30 to almost 6:00! Needless to say, I was quite happy.
When she got up, she still felt somewhat warm, but not as bad. I changed her diaper, but it was hardly wet at all. The nurse told us yesterday that if she wasn't peeing or had a dry mouth, we'd have to take her to the E.R. at Cardinal Glennon.
I got her bottle out of the fridge, and she just screamed. So, we sat down and I tried giving it to her. She pushed it away and kept screaming. So, I kept trying to give it to her. Eventually, she got the very tip of it, and realized it was very cold. She drank the entire 6 ounces!!!! I was relieved. She still seemed hungry, so I made her another bottle. Even though this bottle wasn't cold, she took another 3 ounces! She even almost smiled at me!
I'm feeling very relieved, although she's definitely not out of the woods yet. She's currently down for her morning nap, and went down almost without a fuss.
1 comment:
so glad she's feeling better, the video is adorable!
Post a Comment