Abby and I just got back from a long weekend in Minnesota. We had a great time and saw a lot of family in a short amount of time.
I tried to explain to Abby we were going on a plane but she didn't really understand, she is only 14 months old. The plane ride to MN was bumpy, and Abby wasn't happy sitting on my lap. She screamed "Down" for a good portion of the flight, wanting to get down and walk around.
Once in MN we had a lot to do. We spent a day with Grams seeing her new puppies.
My Aunt Shannon came over with her grandson, Owen and we all went to the "Eagle's Nest" or as Owen referred to it "the birds nest."
Afterwards we had lunch and it was off to Baldwin, WI to visit with my Aunt Heather and Uncle Dan. Abby was in love with their 2 cats and dog, we also stopped by the middle school to see my cousins Alanis and Shelby at basketball practice.
We got back on the road in rush hour to head to my Aunt Ellen's house for dinner, Tasty Pizza! On the way, Abby went into meltdown and started shaking. We had to pullover so I could crawl in the backseat and feed her leftovers from lunch.
Abby recovered before we got to Ellen's and she had a blast playing with her cat. We were back on the road to return Mom home by 8p, and thank goodness because Abby was done. She screamed from Fridley to Lake Elmo. It was awful. (I've lost part of my pictures from Wednesday, I had uploaded them to Sally's computer to save room on my camera and her computer crashed. I'm hoping Jon was able to save them but haven't heard from them yet.)
Abby slept in Thursday, 7am! We spent the day with my Dad, Sally, Jon and Anna. We met up at MOA and went to Underwater World. It was a blast, I didn't have high expectations but also hadn't been since the late 90's.
We stopped at Ikea for lunch and to check out the toddler section. The rest of the day was spent hanging out at my Dad's. Abby was still exhausted from the day before and took a three hour afternoon nap.
Friday, Abby slept in again, 7a! Dad, Sally, Abby and I checked out the Winter Carnival in St. Paul. It was day two of the ice sculpting and lots of activity. Abby's favorite part the live band.
We didn't have a lot of time after that so we headed back to Dad's to pack and take Abby sledding.
We ended up stuck in the Hubert Humphrey Terminal a few extra hours after our flight was delayed, which ended up being a blessing in disguise. Before the plane even took off Abby was fast asleep in my arms. It was great, she didn't wake until I was picking up the stroller on the runway in St. Louis.
No comments:
Post a Comment