Anyways, I was on my way to picking Abby up from school, when they called Peggy to tell her that Abby just threw up. This is a pretty weird thing for Abby. Besides baby spit up, she's never thrown up before. They were still cleaning everything up when I arrived. Apparently, one of the other kids threw up 5 times in a row earlier in the day. They tried their best to keep that kid separated until their parents picked him up, but obviously the damage was already done.
So, we went home. Peggy got Abby out of the car, and as soon as she did, Abby puked again. Luckily she barely made it out of the car on time. I'm sure a squirrel is having a delicious treat right now (gross I know).
I had to go to class at 4:30, so Peggy and Abby were alone. Apparently Abby puked another 4 or 5 times while I was gone. When I got home, Abby was already exhausted. We quickly put her to bed (and continued the laundry....Peggy got puked on A LOT).
Despite all of the puking, she seems to be in good spirits. She hasn't really been crabby at all, fairly pleasant, just pukey.
Around 10 minutes after we put her to bed, she puked. We rushed in there and got there just as she was trying to crawl (head-first) out of bed. She's never tried to go head first before. Luckily, Peggy got her just in time. So, we changed the sheets and everything again. Peggy held her for another 30 minutes or so. She had to change her shirt, so she handed Abby off to me. Abby was basically asleep, but threw a fit to go back to Peggy....she LOOOOOOOOVES her mommy when she's sick. For the most part, she won't go to me or anyone else.
Oh, and one HILARIOUS story from all of this....(this may be one of those "you had to be there" kind of moments, but we couldn't stop laughing). When we got home, we made dinner pretty quickly because I had to go to class. Peggy was holding Abby and asked her "so, are you going to puke on me more tonight while daddy's at class?" Abby enthusiastically shook her head and yelled "yessss." It was soooooo funny. And sure enough, she puked on Peggy plenty. She's so adorable, even when she's sick!
Peggy and I decided it would be best for her to set up shop in Abby's room tonight. So, Peggy is currently huddled up on the floor in a sleeping bag next to Abby's bed. Abby's already woken up one other time tonight. It's been about every 30 to 45 minutes. Could make for a long night.
Luckily, it's Peggy's weekend, so she'll stay home with Abby for the next couple of days. Our biggest concern is that she's healthy for her doctors appointment on Friday.
No comments:
Post a Comment