So she's singing and talking, Dave is sort of sleeping. And I was counting down the minutes until the sun came up. Abby started singing her "Baby Jesus" song from her daycare Christmas program... when I rolled over and told her "Jesus wants you to go to sleep." Dave kinda wiggled on his side of his bed and I had a hard time keeping a straight face. It did work for about 3 minutes but Abby was quickly chatting again and by 5am it was breakfast time.
Dave's Edit: We had already been laying there, not sleeping for almost an hour. Abby was kicking me in the back and head, and didn't want to stop. I asked her several times. Apparently one time she turned to mommy and said "daddy no kick." Peggy told me this morning that she was actually elbowing me, not kicking me. Hah, I guess that makes it okay. Then out of nowhere came the "jesus wants you to go to sleep" comment. I couldn't help but laugh....it was pretty darn funny.
Dave's Edit: We had already been laying there, not sleeping for almost an hour. Abby was kicking me in the back and head, and didn't want to stop. I asked her several times. Apparently one time she turned to mommy and said "daddy no kick." Peggy told me this morning that she was actually elbowing me, not kicking me. Hah, I guess that makes it okay. Then out of nowhere came the "jesus wants you to go to sleep" comment. I couldn't help but laugh....it was pretty darn funny.
Update: Abby has croup, Dave took her in this afternoon. Apparently the urgent care center misdiagnosed her cough last week as whooping cough. The medicine she has been on wasn't treating her cough at all. So now no meds just more humidifier and cold when she starts coughing. Hopefully the croup will clear up on its own.
No comments:
Post a Comment