Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Go! Weekend

It was the first weekend of April, and thats a big deal around here. It's time for the Go! St. Louis Family Fun Weekend. Abby ran her first race! She ran the 50 yard dash with over 100 other St. Louis kids on Saturday morning.
She was unsure of the whole idea on the way to Forest Park but once she got there and saw all the other kids getting ready to run she was ready.
Getting pumped up for the race.
I love this picture, how you can see Bobo in the reflection of the glasses.
The officials can run with an adult so Bobo ran with Abby. Halfway through the run she even let go of Bobo's hand and took off on her own. I was a one man band at the race so I taped the race, video to come.
Noah was unimpressed with the whole day. He woke up to eat and get a new diaper. He slept through the actual run.
We got there a little early because we registered on the day of and I wasn't sure about parking. Which means we had a lot of time to kill. Thankfully Abby is easily amused by dirt and dandy lions.
Post race, I tried to grab a shot at the finish line except Kung Fu Panda was there. A giant panda mascot.... this is Abby running for the hills. You can barely see the Panda on the right hand side of this picture. She doesn't like mascots.

Sunday morning we were downtown by 6:30a. Bobo was running the half marathon. Abby wasn't too happy about the early morning loudspeakers.
I love the embarrassed look on Abby's face. She isn't too sure about Dave's cheering methods.
Abby brought her princess camera with (it doesn't really take pictures) she takes lots of pictures just like mommy.
Mile 6, Bobo stopped to say hi, he was looking good considering that the temperature topped out at 91 degrees!

Abby loved Bobo's medal, finishing with a time of 1:54:42. Congrats Bobo!



No comments: