Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Promotion

Today I was named the director/producer of our new 4pm newscast on Channel 11, the CW, FOX2's sister station. FOX2 and Ch11 merged back in 2008 and now we all work together in one building. It will be a one hour newscast hoping to compete with Oprah's declining numbers on NBC. The premise will be one anchor, and multiple guests. News, weather, sports and hot topics. The anchor has yet to be named, I have my eyes set on a few already in the newsroom, but I doubt my opinion will count.

The show doesn't premiere until the beginning of September. The reason for the advance notice, we'll have to switch Abby to full time daycare. This isn't a big deal, she won't have to make the switch until after summer break. Plus I'll be home in the mornings, everyday. My new hours will be 9a-5p, Monday - Friday. I've never worked normal hours. I guess I'll have to adjust. Having weekends off is going to be a huge plus. It will also be wonderful to spend more time with Dave and Abby on the weekends and not worry about getting in a nap.

There are going to be lots of pros and cons to this position. I'm excited for the challenge for designing and laying out a new show. And I am thankful that my boss believes I'm ready for this new position. I just hope I can produce a newscast that brings more viewers to the CW.

8 comments:

Jon, Sara, Tyler, and Sophie said...

Congratulations on the promotion, Peggy!

Sally said...

I'll be your anchor :)
Just teasing! Proud of you big sis, you're going to do amazing!

Linda and Matthew said...

Yay, yay, yay! So happy for all of you!

simplicity said...

WOW! This is awesome news Peggy!!!! Sally stole the words from me, I'll be your anchor! haha :)

Anna said...

congrats!!!! i'm so excited for you - and having regular hours! hurray!

Peggy said...

Thanks everyone, Samara and Sally I'll keep you both in mind as anchors. Although I have a feeling I am not going to have any say in the matter.

Melissa said...

Congratulations Peggy! Makes me wish I would have stayed in the Broadcasting field!!!

Daniel and Heathr Hendrix said...

That is wonderful news Peggy! We can't wait to see you next week. I took the afternoon off, so I'll be ready for you whenever you get here.