Between STUCO, my internship, my internship class, and remodeling the bathroom, I've been working a lot lately. So, my time with Abby has been somewhat limited over the last month.
Tonight, Peggy had tickets to the Muny to see Beauty and the Beast. She went with a friend which gave Abby and I some time alone. We started out by cutting the grass. Ok, well, I cut the grass, and Abby played in the water, blew bubbles, and whined to play on the swingset. So when I finished the grass, we swang for a LONG time. But, she was just in heaven. I could just tell that she was happy to have some daddy time. It's not that she didn't want mommy....trust me....she ALWAYS wants mommy. But, she was happy tonight in a way I haven't seen her in a while.
After swinging for an eternity, I asked Abby if she wanted to go for a walk. She immediately yelled "KITTY!" (it's funny and very cool to see her make connections and remember things) There's a kitty on our nightly walk that she loves to stop and see. So, we grabbed Proton's leash and headed out.
Usually we put Abby in the stroller, but I let her walk this time. She was soooooo excited to go see the kitty. She ran most of the way there. Unfortunately for me Proton was running faster, so like usual I was stuck in the middle.....being pulled by the dog and pulling the kid.
We finally got there and found the kitty. Abby was SOOOOOOOOOOO happy. She laughed, giggled, clapped, and yelled "kitty....meow....good (meaning good kitty).....come.....etc." I haven't seen her so happy to see the kitty in a long time. The walk back home was....well, a lot slower.
When we got home, we played a bit more, ate some yo-yo (yogurt), brushed her teeth, and went to bed after reading daddy's favorite book (about building a treehouse).
Even though I've been off for a month from school, I really haven't been off. I think I've been up at school as many days as I've been off. It was nice to finally have some time with Abby. Reminds me what being a daddy is all about....
1 comment:
Very sweet :)
Post a Comment