Abby is such a good kid. She doesn't get in trouble very often, so she's pretty sensitive about us being mad at her (which I see as a good thing).
Tonight, Peggy is working late, and I am home with Abby. We had dinner, and I was doing the dishes while she played. She went in the living room and was pretty quiet for a while (quiet always means trouble). When I came in the room, she was sitting on the couch with a spindle of DVD's (I spent part of today burning family movies and had the spindle of 50 DVD's sitting on the couch). She had about 10 of them pulled off and was playing with them. As soon as she saw me come around the corner, she got "the look" on her face as if thinking "uh-oh." I thought it was hilarious. The DVD's she was playing with were some of our home movies that had already been burned, but I was laughing inside too much to be angry.
So, I went over, sat on the couch next to her and very calmly said "Abby, do you think you should be playing with those right now?" Since I was so calm about it, I didn't expect the following reaction....she put her sad face on and started crying.....LOUD. She then buried her face in the couch....seemingly waiting to be yelled at. I couldn't help but laugh. I didn't say anything, and she got down off the couch and said "night, night." She then ran in to her room and laid down on her bed, screaming. I kept laughing (although I didn't let her see me).
About 30 seconds later, she got up, closed the door, and said "night, night" again. Again, I couldn't help but laugh. About a minute later (when she finally realized she wasn't getting in trouble), she got up and was her happy normal self.
She then started playing the "Abby, where are you?" game....this is her new favorite. She goes somewhere and hides, and says "Abby, are you?" (she leaves out the "where"). This is when we're supposed to say "Abby, where are you?" Then, she runs out and yells "boo!" It's quite the game, and she loves it.
1 comment:
She is really good--she didn't get into anything when she stayed here. We had such fun playing that game too. She ran round and round between dining room and family room, always saying "bye bye" before she disappeared.
Post a Comment