Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Birdie Update

The baby chicks have turned into birdies and yesterday they traveled to daycare with Abby. She was adamant that the birdies had to go to school. Which is fine except they didn't survive. Yeah, apparently while playing kitchen with some of the other kids, someone ate the birdies. Abby didn't handle it well, she cried about the birdies for an hour. She was extremely upset and her teacher Mrs. Lauren even thought about calling us to pick her up. Yeah right. I'm not picking her up from school because her imaginary birdies died. Dave and I just laughed at the idea of trying to explain that to one of our bosses. Anyway this morning she had new birdies that she was playing with before school and before she could even ask about bringing them to school I suggested they stay home today and play with Proton. She was happy with that idea. Thankfully Proton didn't eat the birdies.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Yeah, that excuse ranks right up there with "the dog ate my homework."

Linda and Matthew said...

I can't even imagine the phone call. "Um, Peggy? Your daughter's imaginary chicks died at school today. I really think she needs to go home and mourn."