Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Breathing, Again

After a week of struggling to keep up with her friends, complaining of not feeling good and just not improving I took Abby into the doctor, Friday. Dave and I thought since she had kicked the wheezing earlier in the week she would be getting better but no such luck. She continued to have a running nose, cough and little energy. Yeah she was right she didn't feel good.
Her pediatrician confirmed she has a sinus infection, ewww. On top of that her breathing still wasn't up to par and is officially an asthmatic. We still don't know what sets her off but we were sent packing with more steroids than I thought possible. Let's just say I can't wait for the first frost.
For the next week, she's on ammoxicillian for the sinus infection and her albuterol in the neubulizer for the wheezing. She also has a new steroid she takes through the neubulizer to help control and prevent the wheezing attacks that she must take daily until the first frost. And an oral pill to also prevent attacks. Yeah it's a lot.
But hopefully it will help.
Because she's so rundown the peditrician said she had to sit out her soccer game this week. We are still going to attend to cheer on her playmates, she's not contagious just a little snotty.
Abby has been a trooper about the whole thing. I think she understands that she feels better if she takes her medicine. Thankfully she only needs one treatment from the neubulizer in the morning so that doesn't mess up the morning routine too much. Her new steroid can be done anytime of day and doesn't wind her up like the  albuterol.

No comments: