A week or so ago, we had our friends Kevin and Jane over for dinner. Dinner was going pretty well.
Abby was eating her pasta....yes, the same pasta that caused the 7 hour lunch....which has meat in it.
In the middle of dinner, she yells out: "I'm eating meat, and meat makes my poop better!"
Haha, Peggy and I just gave each other the look of "I can't believe she just said that." Kevin and Jane just busted up laughing.
So, let me explain where this came from:
As you know, we've been struggling to get her to eat her dinner and also struggling to get her to poop on a regular basis. Well, since she was little, she hasn't liked meat. We were usually lucky to get her to eat a piece per meal.
Over the past few months, she has been increasingly irregular in the BM department. Just a few weeks ago she went 6 days without pooping. Yes, 6 days. Our friend Linda suggested that it could be possible that her lack of meat intake was at least playing a role in that.
So, we started telling Abby that eating meat will help her poop better. Ever since then, whenever she eats meat (which is quite a bit more often now) she likes to tell us about how the meat makes her poop better. Haha.
1 comment:
Fun fact: that might be true!
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/037851739190350W
Sounds like in a super small sample, the transit time from foo' to poo' was longer in vegetarians.
Although, more likely, fiber intake is a bigger deal. Fiber from whole plants, leafy greens, whole grains, ect. I emailed you the article.
Also, I just read 8 articles on pooping. Thank you for helping to structure my Wednesday night. :)
Post a Comment