Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Under the Sea

Mornings can be a little crazy around here, the kids are usually up around 6a, Dave leaves around 6:15 and we follow between 7:30 - 8a.
When we leave it tends to be a production, "no Abby you can't wear your princess gown to school", "give Mommy one minute to change shirts Noah puked on this one", "mommy Noah puked on your shirt", you get the drift. It may seem like an hour and a half is a lot of time to get ready but between breakfast for everyone and just getting dressed the mornings can be a hassle. And I love our house but I think I go up and down the steps a half dozen times in the morning. I'm not really sure why either, I get the diaper bag and my gym packed at night so I don't have to do it in the morning. Whatever this is the life of a mommy of two.
I digress.... so today as we are leaving the house, I'm carrying the diaper bag, purse, gym bag, lunch box, water bottle plus Noah in his bucket seat. Abby is trailing behind when she pipes in "mama you look like an octopus" all I could say was "gee thanks", her response "what?"
That girl, I guess it's better than being called the sea witch.

No comments: